This is our first Christmas in our new home! I thought I had everything I needed until I set it out. We have a little more space to fill plus it’s just fun to add to and update! If you want/need to add a little more before the big day there is still time! I’ve listed my sources below and I guarantee there is still cute decor to be had.
- Stockings and holders – Pier 1 (a few years old)
- Glitter initial ornaments – Michael’s (last year)
- Greens – 2 swags from Trader Joe’s
- Battery operated lights – Target
- Reindeer – Pottery Barn
- Lighted Birch Branches – Marshall’s
- Santa w/copper hat – Homegoods
- Tall tree – Homegoods
- Small trees – Pottery Barn
- Striped vase – Homegoods
- Snow Globe – Marshall’s
- Cinnamon Whisk – Trader Joe’s (add essential oil drops when scent fades)
- Tree topper – Pottery Barn (last year)
- Plaid pillow – TJ Maxx
- Merry & Bright pillow cover – H&M Home (Australia)
I kept the Christmas decor simple in the kitchen and breakfast nook since they overlook the great room. That’s my husband photo bombing making old fashions for our party a few weeks ago!
- Birch candle holders – art show
- Tree candles – Homegoods
- Gold mercury glass bottles – Marshall’s
- Pinecones – Michael’s
- Cabbage roses – local farmer’s market
- Mini Poinsettas – Trader Joe’s
- Santa salt & pepper shakers – Homegoods
I keep forgetting about the mistletoe when I greet my guests! Hugs only so far!
- Mistletoe – Trader Joe’s
- Reindeer – Homegoods
- Swags – Trader Joes’s (I split 2 into 4 and made 2 additional bows)
- Initial ornaments – Target
- Glitter clothespins – Target
I married into a family with 2 children that have their own traditions and Christmas decorations that they are used to seeing in their dad’s home. I have made an effort to keep those in the house and incorporate them into my decorating. The tree in the great room is primarily filled with ornaments that existed before I came into the picture.
However, because we now have the room, I decided to put up a second tree this year that incorporates some of my current likes. It’s funny how your tastes change. The themes that I have used in the past (in my single days) are not at all appealing to me anymore!
- Ornaments – Pier 1, Homegoods, Marshall’s, Target, gifts
- Garland – Homegoods
- Bow – art show
- Large antlers – Homegoods
- Small antlers – Michael’s
- Runner – Homegoods
- Napkin rings – Homegoods
- Glitter jingle bells – TJ Maxx
- Angel – Homegoods
I’m so looking forward to celebrating Christmas this year! That has not always been the case. I’ve definitely had some “scroogy” years when I was not where I wanted to be in my life. Last year was a little unsettling since our new house was not ready as we had hoped and the home we were living in was still for sale. I feel very blessed to have my health and happiness this year. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!